Saturday, April 25

CHRISTOPHER'S BIG DAY

.
I put Coop on the top bunk to wake him up... he never wants to miss his shower with Daddy!
.
.
After breakfast he took this pic of a cardinal (his very favorite bird) on the fence... notice the little bitty cardinal in the center of the pic... that's my little photographer...
.
.
He played on the computer for a while and complained about all the noise Coop was making... we talked about how we all have to live together and all that jazz; I left out the part that he is the LOUDEST person to live with and we all love to put up with his "stuff"!
.
.
Then, after dinner he had to wash the dishes... I don't know weather to laugh or cry... He was so determined to finish the 3 pots, colander, 2 cutting boards oh, and a muffin pan. He wanted to finish it all... and he did. As challenging as he can be his gifts are twice as fragrant...
.
.
and he loves to clean... he told me tonight he always wants to wash the dishes with me... I should have had him sign a contract... tonight was also the night he wrote his name... CHRIS.
.
.
So, being the supermom that I was tonight, I dug out the Doug & Melissa Responsibility Chart and started "it" at 8:30 ahhh!... I'm so kidding about supermom; "Santa" brought these...
.
.
When Christopher was about 2 I wondered why he would never sing the ABC's with me... a few months later he sung the whole thing... I didn't even know he could write an R until he wrote it tonight in his name... you can't really see all of his, it got rubbed off; it's burned into my brain forever.
.
.
Maybe it was my big day...
.
Five Good Things:
  1. I had the energy to go until 9:30 with the boys... Chris got home at 9:45
  2. Coop's ordeal was just allergies, no doctor visit
  3. Beth Moore rox!
  4. He knows my needs tonight
  5. I have bags packed for tomorrow morning

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless, as I read the account of your day I just wanted to jump out of my chair and cheer. Your sons are so blessed to have a mom that will stop what she's doing just to see an R, because to them it is not just an R and you know that and your sons are going to be amazing young men, and we all know how badly our world is in need of a "Few Good Men"

alicia kristine said...

Mom ~ you are always my biggest cheerleader ~ I love you!