Tuesday, March 24

NATE'S POSSE

Every night for story time Nate gathers his "posse"... this usually includes the twin Eeyores (of course), kitty, Christopher's bunny and now the frog from Mimi...
Eeyore has been with Nate since the womb waiting for him on my nightstand and later into the delivery room; Christopher had Pooh and Coop has Tigger. Nate has always sucked his thumb with Eeyore's tag in his same hand. I have 3 now (as genius backups in case they quit making them) and they were in the closet but then I started to think that I would need to rotate these little guys or if we lost the "one", he would surly know. To make a long story longer they all ended up out... one lost his tail and Nate said "Mom, Eeyore's butt fell off!"... so now we have the "twins". In one of those "oh so cute" moments he says "look Mom I have twin Eeyores ~ there are 2!" I was so impressed that he knew what twins were that I just said oh my goodness you do!
As I was looking at Nate the other night walking down the hallway to bed barley able to carry everyone I remembered reading some dumb article in a waiting room talking about how it was not a good thing to still have their "blankies" when they were 3... it said something about examining why they may have feelings of fear and why they felt the need for "something". So as I looked at my secure little man gathering up his little friends for bed I was reminded by their designer that He has them in the palm of His hand always... and for me to always remember to ask for that discerning heart when it comes to things I read.
I could watch Chris with them for days... often my story time lasts 20 min... I'm tired. But Chris will go sometimes for an hour... they will look up something on the computer in the middle of it all or watch the discovery channel. We are big ocean fans around here... I always talk about how much I am alone taking care of the kids and I am but I have gently been nudged and my eyes are open to what a wonderful man I married and how much quality time he spends with them. Their new thing is showers with Dad in the morning... what a load off! What would I do without him? Love you baby if you happen to glance at this;)!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Girl - I sure hope that having a security blankie isn't a sign of insecurity or fear! Thomas still sleeps with his and his paci!! What is a mom to do!?

CjL said...

wow! where can i find such an incredible guy??? you really must be an amazing woman!