Friday, August 28

CELEBRATE

.
it was over before I actually knew everyone was there and had drinks and saw Coop sit on his cake...
it was surreal... like a mini dream that you know you are in but just seems to kind of go along without... you just get to witness, say a few things and if you are lucky, feel like you were in moments... I just wanted to stand there and stare at him~ and I did.
when I thought about it, we didn't really have a Luau... we had leis and burgers... did I plan for all sorts of Hawaiian "things"... yep... did it happen... nope... that really seems to be how parties go with having kids for me... it's odd and yet so me... so disheveled... late... I'm rarely together anymore... babies and boogers and diapers have relaxed me some to a default...
so, I will be grateful to Chris who cooked some awesome burgers, kept our tradition with the leis and to Rachel for taking some rockin' pics and just remember how cute Coop looked on this special day... so I'm not the best kid party planner... there are worst things and they did leave with bubbles wrapped in some ribbon, the kids that is... although I'm practicing, I don't know if I'll ever truly be thrilled with my parties... I was happy with my cupcakes~ and I think a few others were too~
Time for b e d.
.
Five Good Things
  1. Coop loved my cake~ I'm smiling just typing... you get it
  2. Smelling plumeria
  3. Coffee
  4. Organic cream for my coffee~ thanks Babe!
  5. Brothers
ciao~alicia

3 comments:

Hannah E. said...

Cute pictures! The one kid birthday party I put more work into carry out a theme was the one party I felt like I had completely missed out on. I really felt like I had missed it. It was Jonah's second birthday, and I was extremely sad about it after the party ended. I think it's so much better to just BE there, take it all in, and enjoy the moments instead of getting all worked up with the party-hosting elements of it. Way to go!!! I'm trying to remember this lesson every year. Your inspiration is my reminder.

April :) said...

I agree! Noah's first bday party I totally missed because I was too busy hosting. Now I say fooey on that and just enjoy celebrating their special day with them!

teamwilhite said...

I am still so upset I wasn't there! Those cupcakes looked amazing!