Sunday, July 19

FAMILY

.
James K Welch~1929-2009
.
My Grandad~ Here is a beautiful part of his legacy...
.
.
All the "kids"... Gary, Mom, Vicki, Mike & Cynthia
.
Easter egg hunts in the forest... driving up the mountain to that big house on a white wonderland where big spruces welcomed us up like soldiers ready to play... hearing all the men playing pool down in the basement where all things wonderful were kept like a huge train set and newspaper clippings like the man landing on the moon and stuff like that... his laugh... amazingly enough, Grandad was one of the first to arrive after I "saw" Santa drop off a load under my tree~ Uncle Mike, I don't think I knew it was you until I was about 10!... playing dolls with him~ I think he was having as much fun as I was... racing up to Aunt Cynthia's because Grandad just shot a deer and they were about to gut it~ my first biology class!... During one of the hardest times in my life he called me at least once a week; I will always hear him telling me he loves me and will always wish I told him just once more~ I love you... Carpe Diem
.
Five Good Things
  1. Love you Mom~ I know you are missing your Daddy
  2. Aunts & Uncles~ Love to you all
  3. Cousins~ We're all grown up~ Love you guys!
  4. New Generations~ babies, babies, babies!
  5. New Life & Fresh Starts!

ciao~alicia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful daughter and a beautiful woman and I was so blessed to read your memories! I love you too. Mom