Wednesday, January 21

A Tale About Crackers

Tonight Nate woke up with an upset tummy... I went and got Chris; little one was in one of those precious moods when I see his truth. I knew this was going to be one of those conversations I would remember after he leaves home and I go get a donut at 2 in the morning and the house is empty. (if it's a memory I happen to recall from some abyss in the brain where all sleep deprived memories go)...
He sat on the counter so big and so little, talking away... He so sweetly thanked me for sharing my crackers and then asked if we had some more if brother got sick. Then he asked if we had more for Sherman (Sherman works with Chris and is my boys fave) and then for Uncle Steven (Chris' best friend) and then for Miss Barbara (his teacher). Chris and I were in there somewhere later along with Jack and Livi. Then we got to hear all about how he bought the crackers at the grocery store with "his big helper" (and pointed to Chris); we about fell over. Oh my little Valentine Nate-Nate... his birthday could not be on any other day... he has the spirit of a little cherub, with cute little buns to go with it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

can u believe he's almost 3!!!! jack got some props in the middle of the night ;-) sorry i haven't called back yet...love you!

April :) said...

Missed you today too! :( I was thinking that it will be a week before I see you guys again :(

Glad you enjoyed your day.... That is so sweet that he wanted to take care of everyone! :) What a sweet little heart!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I've never met Nate! He seems like such a sweetie. Of course, all your boys are. :)