Monday, February 15

AUTHENTIC

These tulips are more than a sweet gift from the love of my life... the first flowers Chris gave me were tulips and in one of my most precious dreams Jesus walked me into a banquet with the most indescribable white flowers I had ever seen... I still can't draw them or come up with words that are beautiful enough. Ever since then~ that was about 10 years ago~ white flowers seem to calm my soul~ they bring me a hope that is not of this world. Lately I have felt that this blog is kinda fluffy... not that fluffy is bad ~ we all need to laugh and to be inspired by silly things and the every day. But I have felt a spring welling up in me; a spring that needs a well.
.
My writings about motherhood may seem hopelessly romantic and like a love story; at least they do to me... sometimes I read them and am like "for real~" for my life has not always been so "bubblegum". The truth is this has been a love story... 10 years ago several doctors told me that it was a miracle that I was alive and that I was not guaranteed tomorrow. The details are not important right now but that was none the less a pivotal time. They proceeded to tell me that I would probably never have children and that I could drop dead of a heart attack at any moment. That was the worlds' report~ I have been healed. Like I said, the details of this are not important now~ some of you know them... most of you don't. So, motherhood, although a struggle sometimes is a love affair for me. I look down into those precious eyes and I cannot believe that I am privileged to care for their bodies, to nurture their souls and to kiss the boo boos.
.
More about this journey another day~ may the peace that passes all understanding be with you and I today as we take one more step towards home~ what a glorious time we have here but what glory is coming in the eternal... may I be content in today and work for my place in His kingdom... Amen
.
Five Good Things
  1. transparency
  2. vulnerability
  3. second chances
  4. life
  5. authenticity

ciao~alicia

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog...

alicia kristine said...

ooooo, a mystery reader... cool

chris said...

beautiful words, baby. i love you and our journey together.

Unknown said...

thanks alicia ; )

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Good for you! You're a wonderful mother.

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

you inspire me to enjoy every little moment as a mom. time can slip away so fast!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

you inspire me to enjoy every little moment as a mom. time can slip away so fast!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.